V5816 can be used as a GPON Optical Line Termination (OLT) supporting 16-Port GPON interfaces as well as L3 switch of supporting 4-Port 1/10GBase-R (SFP+) 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 4-Port 10/100/1000Base-T(RJ45) Gigabit Ethernet service. It terminates the traffic coming from the subscriber lines and consolidates it on one or more Gigabit Ethernet interfaces towards the metropolitan area.
The GPON technology adds new features and functionality targeted at improving performance and interoperability, and adds support for new applications, services, and deployment scenarios. Among these changes are improvements in data rate and reach performance, diagnostics, and stand-by mode, to name a few.
The V5816 introduces a point-to-multipoint concept with the GPON technology, which enables a cost-effective FTTx service. The reason why GPON is considered as a cost-effective solution is its usage of a passive splitter rather than an active switching system.
The V5816 has two Power Supply Unit (PSU) mounting slots on the front panel. Each PSU is comprised of single power input. For power redundancy, user can equip dual PSUs into 2-slot.
• Switching Capacity: 168Gbps / Throughput: 125Mpps
• 16-port GPON subscriber interface:
– 16-port of GPON interfaces (SFP, SC/PC type)
• 4-port 10 GE and 4-port 1 GE uplink interface:
– 1/10GBase-R optical interfaces (SFP+)
– 10/100/1000Base-T interfaces (RJ45)
• 1 console interface for management access
• 1 GE interface for out-of-band management
• 1-port USB 2.0
• Redundant and load balanced plug-in Power Supply Unit (PSU)